SUMMER READING, MATH AND STEM CLUB
All students experience learning loss over summer vacation; however underserved children loose more than two months in reading achievement while their middle-class peers maintain or improve reading achievement. Limited access to educational activities over summer break is one cause of the achievement gap. Another is access to nutritional meals.
In a single program we feed the body and the mind. We provide these children a unique opportunity to maintain reading and math skills over the summer along with a reliable healthy meal provided by Children Across America.
Summer Reading, Math and STEM Club Benefits:
- Provide opportunity to read aloud and discuss stories with peers in an emotionally safe environment
- Provides time to practice using mathematical skills
- Provides time to develop critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Provide 4 nutritional lunches over 6 weeks of summer break to those that are likely to go without
- Children develop healthy habits while developing learning skills in an enjoyable way
Our Summer Reading, Math and STEM program starts on the 9th of July, Monday through Thursday, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am at the Milford Unitarian Church. The club is FREE for children. Registrations will be accepted until June 30, 2018.
To register, please call: 508-933-8915, email: email@example.com, or sign up here
Our goal is to enroll 50 students from Milford and surrounding towns to the 2018 Summer Reading and Math Club. Help us reach our goal. Please donate now.