Children Across America believes in educating children about the benefits of going green, exploring the topics of organic gardening, sustainability, renewable energy, and clean water and air programs.
We partner with local nonprofit organizations and businesses that care about making a difference by educating the next generation about current and emerging practices and technologies that can better our planet and improve our way of life for generations to come.
Green Activities to Date
- Organic gardening at CAA’s headquarters in Milford, MA where children plant seeds and tend to the gardens in the summer.
- Partnering with the Garden Restaurant to create an organic garden where children harvest herbs and vegetables that will be used by the restaurant in their farm-to-table menu.
- Partnering with the Charles River Watershed Association, a Massachusetts nonprofit, to teach children about clean water practices, the effects of run-off pollution, and the purpose of water sheds. They also learn how to build a water shed.
- Partnering with Homeworks Energy, part of Mass Save, to teach children about clean energy, including solar, wind, and hydro power.
- Our Reduce, Reuse and Recycle program teaches children about landfills and how to live more sustainably.